
Starting this evening, I am going to take on a new personal project, writing a blog! A blog about something that I love to do during my spare time: cooking and sharing my food experiences via photographs. Prior to this blog, I used Facebook as my platform sharing my "food porn" but it's not as satisfying to just show a picture. I want to be able to describe the dish, ingredients used, and my opinion. I also purchased a few cookbooks to branch out and not be in a rut making the same dishes. I will share those experiences as well.
To begin my new journey, I share my first time cooking in my new home. I finally moved back to CA to live with Mr. P (a story for another day) and we were at the beginning stages of making a home together. In January 2011 I documented my first homemade meal in Apt 106, spaghetti! Simple and ultimate comfort food. It is something that I know Mr. P loves to eat.
I acquired the basic recipe from my Aunt K and then adjusted to my liking. The recipe is simple.
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil or use any type of oil prefered)
1 pkg of hot Italian sausage (use any type of ground meat if you like-I like it spicy!)
1 jar of marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce (I like Wal-Marts brand Italian garden or Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara)
1 can of corn
1 pkg of spaghetti noodles
1 pkg of mushrooms
1 small or 1/2 large red onion diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Every time I make this dish, I add something new. Mushrooms and onions are the most recent additions which definitely improved flavor and body of the spaghetti sauce. The sauce tastes better the next day too!
Yum-Yum-YUM!!!
~Mrs P.
No comments:
Post a Comment