On Friday night's, Mr. P is the DJ at a local lounge. This particular Friday night was extra special because we celebrated 3 birthdays, Mr. P's and two of his best friends. I thought it would be a treat to have his favorite dessert, brownies, as Mr. P's birthday cake but I ran out of brownie mix...Pooh! After looking in the cupboards, I found Trader Joe's Crumble Coffee Cake mix. I totally forgot about buying it.
I gathered the ingredients. I noted the two packages in the box, one package with white dry ingredients and one package with brown dry ingredients. The disaster: I mixed the white dry ingredient package with the wet ingredients! Yes I mixed the package of white dry ingredients, which is suppose to be mixed with the cut butter, with the eggs, water, milk, etc. I realized this mistake after I poured the mixture into the pan and it barely covered the bottom. At this point I know that I will not execute the crumble in crumble coffee cake.
To salvage this baking disaster, I mixed all the ingredients together. After baking for 45-50 minutes, the coffee cake turned out really nice. I was pleasantly surprised. It was sweet, moist, and had a little crumble. It started out as a disaster, but ended up becoming very delicious. I decided not to use the coffee cake as a birthday cake because I ran out of time...time to let the cake cool, cut up, and put in to a container.
Next time I will add chocolate chips and mix the ingredients correctly.
~Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment